Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Breakfast Heaven

I love breakfast, which is why I was super pumped about my breakfast this am. I will sometimes have oatmeal in the am, but its made here at work with water so I know the protein content isn't great. To bulk the protein content I added 1/4 cup skim milk,1/2 tablespoon peanut butter and 7 walnut halves. I added 1/2 of a sliced banana and sprinkled brown sugar on top.
Outcome? DELICIOUS! (and filling).

ReCiPe:
  • 3/4 cup plain oatmeal cooked in water
  • 1/4 cup fat free skim milk
  • 1/2 tbsp all natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 large banana
  • 7 walnut halves (1/2 ounce)
  • Sprinkle brown sugar
  • Microwave and see the magic happen.

Nutrition Breakdown:
360 calories
7 grams fiber
11 grams protein

High in protein & fiber for satiety and still under 400 calories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment