Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

PANAMA

As some of you know, I have been planning a trip to Panama with my good friend Alyse. We are leaving on Sunday, March 7th (very early...530 am) and I will be there until the 16th of March. This is my first trip to Central America, and I am excited for all the things we have planned! Panama borders the country of Colombia in South America and Costa Rica.



We will be hopping around, mainly from Panama City--> Boquete--> Bocas Del Toro. We plan on doing some Zip Lining over the jungle, hiking Volcan Baru (an inactive volcano near Boquete), visiting a coffee plantation, and definitely the famous Canal. A few days lounging on the Caribbean beaches will be nice as well.
I am not familiar with Panamanian food, but from what I've read, meals are based around coconut rice (rice made with coconut milk), beans, and fried green plantains called patacones. Apparently a lot of food is fried, but I will be on vacation...so I plan to indulge a little!! I will have to be careful to avoid travel 'sickness'...it's recommended to eat only things that are piping hot and to drink bottled water in most places.
I will try to post some info once I am there, but I will definitely post pics when I return.


No comments:

Post a Comment