Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Food Hangover

Happy Monday-After-Superbowl Everyone
I have a feeling most people are suffering through what I like to call a "food hangover" today (and last night)..Just that sluggish-fatigued-bloated-nauseous-no-good-feeling.


I admit I did induldge in some superbowl-worthy treats (cheeseburger sliders-although I swear they were normal size cheeseburgers!?! chips/dip, buffalo wings) but I definitely felt gross last night immediately after indulging- which is a true testimate to me on how your body literally rejects the bad stuff once it's used to eating the 'good stuff'...If you didn't feel the food hangover, maybe that's a sign your body is 'too used' to it!! (totally not scientific, but I'll make my own theories :) No need to build your tolerance here either.
To anyone who normally eats healthy and induldges every now and then, its no biggie- and no need to make it a biggie. I would definitely not recommend starving yourself the next day or week (which will ultimately lead to more indulging). I would also not recommend "oh I already ate like crap, might as well eat some more crap...". Just move on and start on a better note the next day, including breakfast! What will help you feel refreshed is to start your day with protein (eggs/egg whites or peanut butter) whole grains and fresh fruit. Today I had a big bowl of cut up melons I bought from the hospital cafe that hit the spot, a scrambled egg and a Kashi Blackberry Graham Cereal bar. I wasn't very hungry, but breakfast is a must for starting the brain gears & metabolism. For lunch I had a big pile of greens with plain tuna, green peppers, cucumbers, carrots, a few craisins, and a little bit olive oil/vinegar. I've also been drinking a ton of water and only had 1 8oz. cup coffee this morning (dab skim milk & 1 splenda is how I roll). I plan on a mid-afternoon snack of yogurt & fruit.
I can tell you the Food Hangover is far from my memory!!

1 comment:

  1. Superbowl is definitly a day to indulge. I don't even watch the game...I just eat and laugh at commercials.

    ReplyDelete